Charles Mann's Land Grant
According to Donna Cole, Mann descendant and researcher,
Charles Mann was granted by Order-in-Council, Crown Land on 4 Aug 1795. This
property, Lot 35, Concession 3, Beverly Township, was patented to Charles
on 8 Feb 1803.
Northwest Quarter of Beverly Township
By the time this map was drawn,
William Mann Jr.
of Charles original grant while William Jr.'s son,
, held 1/2. The remaining
1/4 was held by John Mann.
The C Patterson property near to the Mann property, is the Charles Patterson named in
William Jr's will
. The Peter Decker also near to the Mann property is Peter, son to Richard Decker and
and this is the land originally purchased by William Mann Sr. and then sold to Richard Decker, husband to Sarah Mann and deeded to their son Peter Decker.