Julius Van Hee Family

Julius and Kate

Abt Christmas 1912

Plentywood MT 1926

Marie Van Hee Passes Away

Well Known Plentywood High School Girl Died Last Sunday After Short Illness.

Marie Van Hee died at her parents' home in this city last Sunday afternoon after being sick since February 6th. The ailment of which she died is said to have been Scarlet Fever and complications.

The deceased was a student at the Plentywood high school where she was greatly loved by her school mates who admired the quiet and unassuming little lady. She was 18 years of age at the time of her death. Marie was born in Culbertson in October 1907, but moved to Canada while she was yet a child. She returned to Montana in 1920 with her parents, where she has been attending school and passing her yearly grades.

She leaves behind to mourn her loss her parents, Mr. and Mrs. J.G. Van Hee of Plentywood and the following brothers and sister: Robert, Edward, Margaret, Louis, Victor, Richard, and Dewain.

The funeral was held Tuesday, internment being made in the Plentywood cemetery.

The bereaved family have the sincere sympathy of this community in the loss of their daughter and sister.

Back row: Ed, Louie, Vic, Mar, Dick, Bob
Front row: Grace & Jim, Julius, Dewain, Kate, Gladys

Van Hee siblings

Plentywood MT 1953

Former Local Resident Dies in Washington

Funeral services were held at the Fulkerson Funeral Home in Plentywood at 2 p.m. Thursday, August 6, for Julius Van Hee, 77, former Sheridan County resident.

Earlier services had been held at 1 p.m., Monday, August 3, in Seattle, and internment was in the Plentywood cemetery.

The deceased was born in Belgium on January 29, 1876 and came to this country as a young boy to settle in Minnesota with his parents. As a young man, Van Hee came to Montana, and was united in marriage with Katherine Mann of Culbertson.

He worked as a harness maker there for several years, then moved to Canada. In 1920, he returned to the United States and settled in Plentywood where he worked as janitor of the hospital and school.

Following the death of his wife in December 1942, Van Hee moved to Seattle and resided there until his death on Saturday, August 1, this year.

In April 1951, he re-married in Seattle, and has been preceeded in death by one daughter and a son.

Survivors include his wife, six sons - Robert, Fort Peck; Louis, Missioula; Richard, Lewistown; Victor, Glendive; Edward, Seattle; Dewain, Renton WA; and one daughter, Mrs. John Gross (Marguerite), Seattle.

Louie, Edith, Ed, Bob, Grace, Gladys, Vick, Verlee, Dewain

These photos came from Louis Van Hee's collection.